Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 27, 2010 ~ C'est moi encore

Bonjour tout le monde! I'm still loving the MTC. Elder Holland came this week for devotional and gave an amazing talk, of course. It was very similar to the one he gave in 2002 (I think?), and tell Rob that he did the yelling thing again telling us not to go home, and never waste one second! I thought it was awesome that 8 years later he's still saying that! One of the things that he said that inpsired me the most was, "This is war!" Right then it really hit me what I am doing here. I am literally in the Lord's army. We're in the business of helping people overcome the adversary and come unto Christ! He reminded me that a mission isn't something to do half-heartedly. There are people that the Lord is preparing for me to teach, and if I'm not prepared, I'm not going to be able to it effectively! He made this analogy: which "Russel" of the 12 would you rather have heart surgery from? Nelson or Ballard? Obviously Nelson! He had 20 years of training before he actually performed a heart surgery. I'm glad Elder Holland reminded me that I need to be learning and studying at every opportunity, because I have a responsibility to those people I will teach to be prepared the best I can to help them receive the Gospel. We have "progressing investigators" here at the MTC. They're usually teachers who pick an investigator to be from their own mission, and we can go teach them every week. I love this because it helps focus my personal and companion study on their needs. As we've done this, I've found that by finding how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help other people, you truly can realize and appreciate how much you have been blessed by it. I testify that if we forget ourselves and focus on the needs of others, they will feel the Savior's love and we will feel His love like we never could by thinking about ourselves! I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to help others find Christ's love in their own lives and to grow closer to the Savior myself! I love the Lord and trust in him more than anything. I can see His hand in my life every day as I learn here at the MTC. I testify that He will never fail us if we put our faith and trust in him!

Much Love!

Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment