Saturday, September 4, 2010

September 3, 2010 ~ ca-va?

Salut! This week flew by! I can't believe It's P day already. I can't believe I'll be in France this month either. I'm enjoying the MTC though! It's basically the same thing every week, which is awesome, but there's not a lot more to say that I haven't already about it. I'm starting to get tired of the food. Eating is like a chore here haha. They feed us too much! Yet I always get back to my room at night and eat all the goodies everyone is sending me... so go figure! We taught the first lesson in French this week at the TRC, and it went really well! I can express myself better every day that I'm here. Hopefully when I get to France, it will sound like they're speaking the same language I'm learning here. We got a new teacher this week, and this is her first time teaching at the MTC (we still have Frere Drean, just not Soeur Redd anymore). Her name is Soeur Altimirano (I think?) and she just got back from her mission to Geneva. She's really good! We were all surprised how good she is because she's new, but she's doing a great job. She can't be more than 4'10", which I think makes her a legal midget. She has great French and I can tell she has a passion for the work. Everyone enjoys it! We have been working on a song as a district the last couple weeks. It's called "I Love the Lord." It's arranged by someone at BYU, and the BYU Men's choir performed it I think. It's to the text of 2 Nephi 4 and the tune of "Be Still My Soul" a cappella. It's an amazing song. We tried out yesterday to see if we could sing it in a devotional or fireside... and we made it! The lady loved us! So we'll be in a fireside or devotional before we leave. We could be performing in front of an Apostle! I'm pretty nervous though because I have a little solo. I grow to love the Gospel more and more the longer I'm here! I love the Book of Mormon, and I know that it's true. Every day I find more ways to apply it to my own life and the lives of others. I don't think anyone could read that book with real intent and claim that it is not the word of God. I know that we can come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and feel their love for us in our lives if we read it daily! As a missionary, I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon, because it is a testimony that this is the Church of Christ and that we have a prophet on the earth today. I hope you all have a good week! I'm praying for you always. Dieu soit avec vous!

Much Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment