Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 31, 2010 ~ Bonjour!

Bonjour tout le monde! My first few days at the MTC have felt like weeks rather than days, but they've been some of the best days of my life! I love the MTC so far. My companion is Elder Noyce from Taylorsville. He's a little on the shy/quiet side but he's a great Elder and I'm excited to get to know him better. My district is mostly from Utah, but there is an Elder from Washington and one from Fresno, California. It's pretty intense being in class basically 16 hours a day. I'm so glad I had a lot of exposure to French before the MTC. Most of the Elders have too, but Elder Lewis (a short, stalky, black full back from Syracuse UT, our nickname for him is BEAST) had no previous French. I can understand and talk to all the Elders who have been here for 6 weeks which is awesome! Almost everything we do is in French, inlcuding prayer, which is really cool. J'aime la langue! We had a meeting and met our branch presidency. Among other things, they told us that every one of us has to prepare a sacarament talk for sunday...In French... and the branch presidency will randomly select Elders to give their talks during sacarament meeting just on the spot. Pretty intense! But I'm super excited to improve more and more with the language.The MTC is quite the place. Everyone is so happy and nice, and the spirit is stronger here than any place I've ever been. We've been doing a lot of role plays with acting investigators which is an awesome experience. I can tell already that everything we do here will help me to become an effective servant of the Lord! I'm not quite used to the sleep schedule yet and we're all pretty tired, but the older Elders say that after the first Sunday things get a lot better. During gym time my district usually plays soccer. I'm surprisingly not that bad, considering I've basically never played in my life. I even scored a goal! I thought about taking my shirt off and runnind and sliding on my knees, but I thought that might not be appropriate at the MTC. If anyone wants to write, don't be shy! I'm running out of time, but I know that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that being by being faithful to its teachings and ordinances, we can be saved. I love my Savior and the Atonement. I know the Book of Mormom is the word of God and that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel. This is a great work, and I'm honored to be a part of it. I miss and love all of you!

Love,

Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment