Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 20, 2010 ~ Greetings from the MTC

Bonjour! Things are going well here at the MTC! I don't really have anything too special to say. I'm finally used to the routine of waking up at 6:30 every day which is nice. It took about three weeks! I've seen Tracy quite a few times, his classroom is actually in the same building and on the same floor as mine. I also saw Sam this morning while I was eating breakfast. It was great to see them! It's weird how many friends I have here. It's awesome to see all of these people I've known my whole life here and to be serving with them. The language and the teaching is getting better every day. This last Wednesday, we started our goal as a district to only speak French from 8 a.m. til 9 p.m. every day. Or at least to try to say everything we want to say in French first, and if we don't know how to say something, we'll ask someone else how to say it or write it down to look it up later. We were afraid that everyone would just stop talking once we started this, but that hasn't happened! We've been pretty dedicated so far and have learned a lot from doing it. These last few days our French has improved so fast! Tonight I'm teaching in French for the first time. I'm nervous about it. We're not going to be learning the lessons in French til next week sometime, but my companion and I signed up to teach someone in French, so we'll see what happens! You never know how much you know until you try. I think it will be great for us to see how much we've learned already and how much (which is a LOT) we still need to learn.This week at the TRC we taught the second lesson (the plan of salvation) and it went great! We decided to go in without a detailed lesson plan. We just studied the doctrine, prepared scriptures, and went in there. It was the best lesson we've ever taught. We were able to connect with the investigator and get him involved, instead of just teach a lesson. The spirit was so strong, I even teared up a few times! I still can't believe how real it can feel when we're teaching role play investigators. It's as real as you make it. It makes me so much more excited to get out and teach real people!I don't really have much else to say. It's hard to remember all the things that happen here, because so much happens! When I write in my journal at night, it takes me awhile to remember what happened that day before dinner. The longer I'm here, the more I realize that this is the most important thing I could be doing, and the more I realize that I would trade nothing for this experience. I know that this is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and that there are millions of people searching for the truth. I hope and pray that I'll be an effective tool in the hands of the Lord to help His children receive the Gospel. I love you all and I pray for you every day!

-Elder Tudor

P.S. we got a new district this week, so we are no longer the French noobs. We're the "old" missionaries now because all the older districts left to the field. It's weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment