Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010 ~ Quelle Semaine! (What a week!)

Salut!
Wow, what a week! I've probably never been more tired, lost, and confused in my life than during this week haha, but it was awesome! I honestly don't know where to start, so I'm sorry if I start rambling about random things. I'm starting to get used to the city and know where I am, and I'm understanding the language better every day. They talk really fast, but I can hear all the words now. My comprehension doesn't really depend on how fast they're speaking, but more on their accents. Some people have some crazy accents! I had a good 5 minute conversation at the bus stop with a nice lady a couple days ago. It was cool! I can't wait until I can get to the point where I can talk to anyone and not have to worry about understanding what they'll say when I talk to them. But I can tell that will come soon! I love the people here! They like to keep to themselves, but when you initiate a conversation with them they're very polite and most of them will open up about anything. Actually, once you get them started it's hard to stop them sometimes haha. Some of people we walk up to and ask how they're doing just look at us like, > I guess people here don't really talk to someone they don't know unless they have to haha. But they're great! There are definitely people who have been prepared to receive the Gospel more than others. We've just got to find those that are prepared! It's our responsibility to do all we can to give people an opportunity to hear and accept our message, but it's always up to the people to listen to us. I love the ward too! Everyone is super nice to me and compliment me on my French (haha). But they do say I'm super far along for someone who hasn't even been here a week! I hope the Lord will continue to bless me in the language so I can be competent as soon as possible. All of the members love my name. 90% of the conversations I've had with them have been about my name. We either talk about how there are a lot of Tudors in France, or the Tudor kings in England, or my favorite, > which means > in French. So I get > a lot haha. All the members are really happy and chill. They like to bring their dogs and play outside the church between conference sessions. I now know how to command a dog in French and Russian haha (there's a man in our ward right now from Russia who is interested in learning the history of the Church in France, I'm not sure why. French with a Russian accent sounds interesting!). The work is going well here. Right now we don't have an investigator with a baptismal date, but we're planning on committing a few this week. I'm excited! There are 100 members in the ward in Nice, and they're very willing to help with missionary work which is great! They're all very strong and great people.It's awesome how many people we talk to in just one day. I love talking to the people and getting to know them and their history and their questions about life. It's amazing because the Gospel really does answer any question of the soul! We're teaching some really great people too. One in particular is named Rommel and he's from the Philippines. He really wants to follow the Lord! It's crazy how much the adversary tries to stop the work. The other night we had a rendez-vous with Rommel and we had him pray at the end to know if our message and the Book of Mormon were true. While he was praying, the baby woke up, a bunch of people outside his apartment started shouting, and a bunch of police cars and an ambulance drove by outside with their sirens blasting. Insanity! Fortunately, it didn't really distract from the Spirit. It was an amazing prayer and he told us after that he definitely felt the peace and comfort of the Spirit! This just goes to show that Satan can do everything in his power to distract us and drive away the Spirit of the Lord, but we always have the choice to ignore his temptations or distractions and choose to serve the Lord. Like the Prophet said in this last conference, God has given us the RIGHT to choose, the RESPONSIBILITY to choose, and there are always RESULTS for our choices. I know that when we take responsibility and choose the Lord in every thought and action, the results will always be for our benefit! I love the Lord. I love the Gospel and I know that it's true. I know that we can and should always have confidence in our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ because they love us and always know what is best for us! I love you all!

à lundi,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment