Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 12,2010 ~ Où niche l'hibou? (Where does the owl nest?)

Bonjour! What a week! My companion is district leader, which makes me "district monkey" according to Elder Call (an Elder in our apartment). So that means I get to go on lots of exchanges! On Tuesday, my comp went to Cannes and I stayed here in Nice with Elder Snickers (haha). He's as new as I am, but he already speaks French because he's from Quebec. It was interesting trying to find my way around Nice without Elder Blosil! I felt so lost but we did make it to all of our rendez-vous somehow. I enjoyed being with Elder Snickers. He's quite the guy! He almost got us stuck in an elevator more than one time, but it all worked out thankfully haha. Then on Friday I went on exchange in Marseilles with Elder Kirkpatrick, who was in the same district as me in the MTC. Two bleus walking around Marseilles, I'm not sure who planned that one! It was an awesome experience though. Both of us are new, so we just had to have faith and go for it. We actually were able to talk to people well and be effective despite our lack of experience with the language. I'm thankful for that experience because it pushed me way out of my comfort zone! When you're with your trainer, he's always there if you can't understand what people are saying, but we were just on our own! It was really cool and helped me to grow and also showed me that faith in the Lord truly brings power. Marseilles is quite an interesting city too. I think I'll just leave it at that haha.One thing I've learned this week, or I guess I should say relearned, is that this is God's work and he is truly at the head of it! My role is to do all I can to help it move forward, and he will make the rest fall into place. This week we had a new investigator to teach that we had contacted in the street. We set up a rendez-vous with him for Wednesday, but when we called to confirm his appointment he told us we had the wrong number and that he'd never met any missionaries before (people we contact say this from time to time), so we decided not to stop by his apartment and do something else with our time. Then on Sunday we were on a bus on our way to an appointment that we had confirmed, but we were running a little late so we called the investigator to let him know we would be late. To our disappointment, he told us he was at work and that we couldn't come by to teach him. So we contacted people on the bus for a little while then just got off at a random stop to figure out what we wanted to do. And guess who was sitting at that bus stop? The same guy we had the appointment with on Wednesday, the one we called to confirm and he said we had the wrong number. He told us he had waited for us on Wednesday and we never came by. It ended up that we had taken down his number wrong, so we really did call the wrong number! He was still interested in hearing our message though and gave us his right number and we're going to see him sometime this next week. That's pretty awesome. The Lord's work always moves forward despite our weaknesses as missionaries. In this case, we wrote down that guy's number wrong, but the Lord placed him in our path again! There's no way that is just a coincidence in such a big city! That experience was a great comfort to me and strengthened my testimony of just how much the hand of the Lord is present in our lives, especially as a missionary. I know that the Lord is always there to pick us back up and give us opportunities to get back on His path when we fall short or make mistakes. I also know that the Lord doesn't expect us to be perfect, but he does wants us to always be learning, progressing, and striving to do our best! And I know that after all we can do, He is there to make up for the rest. I testify that this is true.Sorry this e-mail was kind of short, but this cafe is closing for lunch soon. This e-mail is a day late because we had zone conference in aix en provence yesterday so today is my p-day this week. Je vous aime! Thank you for all that you do for me! Til next week!

Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment