Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 25, 2010 ~ What a Week!

Cher tout le monde,
I have so much I want to say... but I have a dang French keyboard! It takes me forever to type on this thing haha so this email will probably be short. This week was insane. We got 7 new investigators 4 of them are committed to be baptized on the 20th of November. The names of the ones with baptismal dates are Ying-Ying, a college student from China, Samir and Sanayt, a couple from Eritrea who are in their early 30's and have a baby girl (yeah, I don't think I had ever heard of that country before either haha), and Hakim who is a young student from Algeria. It's pretty amazing to see how much the Lord has prepared these people to receive the Gospel! We were teaching Samir and Sanayt about the plan of salvation the other day and we were talking about the three degrees of glory. We asked him to turn to 2 Corinthians 12 where Paul talks about the third heaven, and he had that verse marked in his Bible because he had questions about it. I''m pretty sure everyone else usually ignores that verse. So when we talked about the three degrees of glory it made perfect sense to him. Pretty awesome, especially since that is one of the hardest doctrines for people to accept about the plan of salvation because most people believe there's just heaven and hell. It's seriously amazing to find people who are elect and ready for the Gospel - it just needs to be brought to them! The French is coming along pretty well! It's hard for me to get up the courage to go contact people sometimes because I worry about being able to communicate. But I seriously need to stop being a baby about that. What do I have to lose? Nothing. What do they have to gain? Everything!!! I know my Faith and my French will improve as I throw myself out there. "The Spirit of the Lord is not the spirit of fear; but of peace, and love, and of a sound mind." I can't remember the reference on that, but I just remembered it. Well I have to go. Sorry this email wasn't very good! This keyboard is driving me insane haha. Have a great week! Je prie pour vous! Je vous aime.

bisous bisous,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment