Monday, September 27, 2010

September 24, 2010

Salut! I just got my "leaving the MTC haircut" and that was quite the experience. I've never had anyone cut my hair without using scissors, neither has anyone ever used a vaccum to clean my head. It's not too bad though! I was a little worried because there was no mirror for me to see what was going on up there haha. This week has been pretty exciting because we're so close to leaving! We got to be hosts this week. It was strange hosting new missionaries because it feels like that was me only a few days ago. Both of the missionaries I hosted were from Orem, but one went to Mt. View and one went to Orem so I didn't know them. It's funny to see people get dropped off because some families don't even get out of their car to say goodbye to their son while some stand there for 15 minutes bawling. It was interesting! We also had a health meeting that to help us stay healthy in the field (and yes mom, I am healthy). That was a bizarre experience, I think we talked about diarrhea for 45 minutes of that hour. I guess that's a big concern! I can't believe the MTC is almost over. I feel like I just got here! I love this place. I love my district - I feel like they're my brothers! It's going to be hard to leave all of them. I travel with all of them except for the two that are going to Cote D'Ivoire, they leave Monday afternoon and fly straight from SLC to Paris, then to Cote D'Ivoire. It's hard to sum up my MTC experience in this limited time, but I think the main thing I've learned here is that a mission is about love. As I learn more and more about the Gospel and the Atonement and realize how it has blessed my life, I just want everyone to have it! When I think about what life would be like without this knowledge, I just feel horrible. I don't want anyone to feel that! I want them to know that Heavenly Father knows them and loves them, and that he's given us the way to find true happiness! And that way is His Son, Jesus Christ, and his Atonement and his Gospel. Now that I'm leaving to France, I pray that I will always have this desire to bring people the truth, that I will always have Faith and Confidence in the Lord, and that I will always commit my whole self to the work. Most of all, I pray that the Spirit will be with me so it can touch the hearts of the people I meet. I love all of you so much and I'm so thankful for all of your support! It means so much to me. Dieu soit avec vous!

Much love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment