Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 17, 2010

Bonjour tout le monde!
We got our travel plans yesterday! It's pretty close to what I guessed last week, but here's the real deal: on the 27th we leave SLC at 9:45 a.m. arrive in ATL at 3:40 p.m., leave ATL at 5:50 p.m. and arrive in Paris at 8:10 a.m. (on the 28th), leave Paris at 10:25 a.m. and arrive at Toulouse at 11:45 a.m.! Only ten days now! It's hard to imagine leaving the MTC, it hasn't real hit me yet that I'll be in France soon! So there are my travel plans.This week we taught the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom in the TRC, en Francais. My first week here I would have never thought I could teach the Plan of Salvation in French - it's hard enough in English! The gift of tongues is real. I'm starting to be able to express myself a lot better and I can find a way to say whatever I want to say almost every time. It's pretty awesome! My teacher, Frere Drean, said I'll most likely have the language basically down after 3 months in the field and definitely by 4 months. It's weird to think about that now, and I'm sure it will be even harder to believe my first couple weeks in France, but I have Faith that if I put forth the effort the Lord will help me get there. This week an Elder in our district went home. We were all in shock for a day or so, but we're glad he made the right decision. That really opened my eyes and made me realize just how lucky I am to be on a mission! My time at the MTC has taught me that the Gospel is truly for everyone. God's plan for us is perfect. I know that I won't be converting anyone in France, but the Spirit will! When people learn the Gospel, it just makes sense to them! And I know that when people learn its principles and apply them in their lives, they will feel the Spirit and the peace that it brings, and they will be able to know for themselves that it's true through their own experience. Sorry this e-mail is kind of short, I spent most of my time reading e-mails. They'll be better when I'm in the field! I love you all! The Church is true. I testify with all my heart that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that without Him we would be hopeless and lost, but with Him, we can have nothing but hope and peace in our lives!

Much love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment