Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 1, 2011

Cher tout le monde,
Well, it's happened... I've been out over a year! I can't believe it. I feel like it flew by, but at the same time, I feel like I've been doing this my entire life. It's a weird feeling. This week I've been reflecting a lot about this last year. I thought back to right before I entered the mtc and everything I was expecting. The mission has been totally different than what I expected, but it has been even better than I had ever imagined, and I'm only halfway through! I specifically thought back to what I wanted to become on my mission. As I was reflecting, I looked back and of course I found a thousand ways how I could have done better during the first year of my mission. But then I decided to take a look at what the Lord has enabled me to do, how He has changed me, and what I've become up until now during my mission. When I realized how blessed I have been this last year, it made me cry. The Lord has truly changed me. I'm still old Bryson, but something has definitely changed. I took time to write in my journal the main things that have changed about me and what has caused these changes. Sorry, I won't share my journal with you haha, but it was a really spiritual experience and I realized that I've grown more in this last year than the 19 years that came before it. I've obtained SO much more knowledge of the Gospel than I had before, and I just want to keep finding more and more! This knowledge has pushed me to better apply the Gospel in my life and to apply it for the right reasons. The blessings and the understanding that has come from this application has pushed me to help everyone apply the same principles in their own lives, because I know - I truly know - that it is the only way. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to true peace and happiness in this life and for eternity. There is nothing more important in this world, or in any world, than this work. Every once in awhile, Satan puts thoughts in your head, or simply people on the street tell us, "No one will listen to you. Why are you here wasting your time? You could do so many other things with your life right now." We even hear sometimes, simply, "You're crazy." That causes you to think. But I have confidence in the Lord and His mission. I know that this is His work. President Murdock said in a zone conference last transfer, talking about testimony, "Once you know, you have to go." I knew and I still know - that's why I came. Alma 43:1 "And now it came to pass that the sons of Alma did go forth among the people, to declare the word unto them. And Alma, also, himself, could not rest, and he also went forth." Ether 12:2 "And Ether was a prophet of the Lord; wherefore Ether came forth in the days of Coriantumr, and began to prophesy unto the people, for he could not be restrained because of the Spirit of the Lord which was in him." Sometimes we're tempted to let up a little bit or take a break, but we KNOW, so we have to GO. We can't be restrained! I'm so thankful for this Gospel, and for the personal testimony that God Himself has given me that it's true. I pray that I might be an instrument in the Lord's hands this last year of my mission in bringing as many people to the truth as are ready to accept it. I pray that I will become what He wants me to become, and I know that I can do it by living the Gospel and serving Him and others with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Thanks so for all your support back home - it helps more than you know. I love you and pray for you! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tudor
P.S. Muamba should be baptized this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment