Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 8, 2011

Allo!
Muamba's baptism didn't happen this week because he had to go to Bordeaux to sort out his papers. But it's all set and ready for this Saturday. We're so excited! We're going to do it in La Dordogne (the river) at his request. He says he has to follow Jesus Christ with exactness, and Jesus was baptized in a river, so he has to. Can't argue with that! Anyways, we can't wait, and we're so happy for him.
Last week I talked about an investigator named Victoria Tudor from Romania. By the way, I'm pretty sure we're related, we'll have to do some family history work there though haha. Anyways, we went adn taught her this week and her 11 year old daughter, Flora, was there, so we taught the message of the restoration. The Spirit was so strong, and we invited both of them to be baptized the 27th of August. They both accepted. They both came to church this sunday and they've been reading the Book of Mormon together every day and they love it! What's more is that they're already super good friends with a bunch of ward members even though they just barely met. They came and ate with us at a member's house and they stayed with the memebrs and talked for 3 hours after we left. So no integration problem there. They're already talking to all the memebrs about how excited they are about their baptism. Honestly, I've never seen anything like it on my mission. It's a little surreal. It's a miracle. Every heart that the Lord prepares is a miracle. I know that they were prepared. All we had to do was open our mouths and invite. I love this work, and there's nowhere that I'd rather be. I'm happier than ever and I know that this work is real.
We had interviews with president Murdock this week. He told me during my interview that he used to be a 70 - I had no idea. All of a sudden I got a little more nervous, haha just kidding. It was sweet. He is so inspired and he knew exactly what to say to help me in this moment. I really appreciate him. I'm so excited for the second half of my mission and all the miracles I'm going to see and all that I'm going to learn. But I'm more excited for the people who's lives will be changed because of the Gospel as I work as hard as I can to help them come unto Christ. What else would I rather be doing? Nothing. Anyone who is reading this and is thinking about a mission, don't hesitate. It's the right choice. I know the church is true and I know that Christ lives and he directs his church today through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I love you all and I hope you have a greeeat week!
Much love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment