Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 25, 2011

Gael's Baptism

Fireworks
The District last transfer




Bonjour à tous,
Gael's baptism was amazing! It was this saturday at noon, and his dad, who just received the priesthood a couple weeks ago, baptized him. It was perfect. The spirit was so strong, except for maybe when I goofed on the piano once during a hymn haha. Oh yeah, I don't know if I've told you, but I've been playing the piano for sacrament meeting and other meetings often since I arrived in France. My hymn skills have improved greatly since I left haha. Better late than never. Anyways, Gael is the funniest little kid. He bore his testimony after at the end of the baptismal service. He started out by saying it's too bad he wasn't able to stay and swim in the nice warm water haha. He said it felt like the weight of sin had been lifted off his shoulders, and that he would never sin again - maybe. Haha. We'll have to talk about that one with him. It was a great experience though. I got to participate in his confirmation as well. Muamba came to the baptism and he loved it, but he told me that he wants to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized in a river haha. We'll have to talk to the president and the city of Bergerac about that one, but that would be so sweet!
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you last week that on the 14th of July we got special permission from president Murdock to go watch teh fireworks late at night with the Bouchet family. They were super amazing! They were on the riverside, and they had some fireworks that shot out of the river which I thought was pretty sweet. Happy Bastille day!
This week started out pretty slow, but ended great. We found a new investigator friday who is awesome. And what is her name, you might ask? Madame Victoria TUDOR! Haha. She is from Romania but has been here for many years now. She's very sincere and she came to church and loved it. We talked about all the jokes that people in France make about our name haha. We'll be seeing her again tomorrow. I actually wasn't there for the first lesson because we were on exchange with teh zone leaders, so I'm stoked to get to know her better. We endured well at the beginning of the week and we were blessed at the end of the week for it. Today we found a new investigator who is amazing. Her name is Monique. She's black and is in a wheelchair. She's so humble and so receptive to the message. After hours of searching new investigators, it is so uplifting to find such humble, genuine people, who are willing to make place for the word of God.
As you know, it was transfers last week, but neither Elder Coenen nor I were trasnfered, so nothing too exciting! Elders Carson and Noyce left the district and we got two new missionaries who came over from the old Swiss Mission - Elders Williams (from Las Vegas) and Caldwell (from happy valley). Elder Caldwell told me on the phone I worked with him at coldstone, but I dont remember his name. I guess I'll know when I see him haha.
Things are going well her with me and Elder Coenen. I like having a french speaking companion. With english speaking companions, we try as hard as we can to speak french all the time, but every once in awhile we speak a little english, but with a french speaking comp there's no break haha. My French has worstened a little I think because I can never speak english, so I can't get out the english that's in my head, and I'm starting to really speak Franglais. I can hardly say a few sentences without slipping a word of English in haha. It's pretty funny, espcially because I don't notice it and Elder Coenen has to tell me. I hope that doesn't last too long haha. Well that's about it for this week. I love you all. The church is true. Jesus Christ is truly our savior. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith was a true prophet, President Monson is the prophet of God today, and all of the saving ordinances along with Priesthood authority are on the earth. And everyone is able to know that it's true if they seek and ask in faith! Have a great week :)
Much love,
Elder Tudor

-I forgot to tell you that Yves was baptized by Elder Garland a couple of weeks ago in Cannes. Woohoo! Apparently it was quite a story too. He just found a job but he had to work Sundays all day. He went into his new boss and told him he was going to make covenants with the Lord and that he would not work Sundays, at first the boss refused, but Yves bore testimony to him about his baptism and the commandments, and in the end his boss said he didn't have to work Sundays. Stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment