Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 11, 2011

Birthday card a member gave me and my birthday kabob


Reporters in our apartment


Beynac


Crazy cat who stares at us everyday






Allo!
It was an interesting week! We started out by being filmed all day long on Monday. They filmed us doing groceries, our emails, shopping, and then when we worked. They filmed us during a lesson with Maurel and Muamba and it was a super spiritual lesson too. Maurel and Muamba are doing well. They weren't baptized this week, unfortunately. They were hesitant and didn't make up their minds. Friday night, Muamba said he wanted to saturday, but it was too late! So we have to delay it. The sad part is that he's going to Bordeaux for three weeks then coming back here, so we set the date for the 6th of August. We're still workign with Maurel. This week we talked a lot about their testimony of the Book of Mormon and they're really gaining their testimonies little by little. Yesterday Maurel said he wants to be baptized, but in the United States haha. I'm not sure what he's talking about. Gael will still be baptized the 23rd, and we just starting teaching his bro Guillame who is super sweet (16 yeard old).
I'm loving the mission every day. Bergerac is tiny, but it's sweet. My district is awesome too. Tomorrow we're having district meeting in Perigeux, then I'm giong on exchange with Elder Lumakosa here in Bergerac, then Wednesday I have to do an exchange in Brive because the rest of Frank's family is getting baptized and need interviews! So I'm stoked. We get transfer calls this Friday, I can't believe it! The mission just keeps flying by faster and faster. It's kind of frightening haha. So at zone council, I guess the president said that he's going to totally mix up the missions next transfer - meaning that he's going to try to put a toulouse missionary with a geneve missionary in each companionship. So chances are I'll have a new comp next week. Especially because Elder Coenen is European and they'll need him in Switzerland since us Yankees aren't allowed. So we'll see! I've always wanted to be a trainer, I hope I'[ll be able to this transfer. If I do, I'll get to take an airplane to Geneva haha. Sweet! Our mission is huge.
This week I learned the power of testimony. A lot of times we teach and explain really well, but forget to testify. Monday, we were with Maurel and Muamba (for the cameras too) and we were talking about how their testimony of the book of mormon would resolve their concerns. We explained over and over how they can gain a testimony from the Holy Ghost and why it is so important. They kept interrupting us and wouldn't let us finish what we were saying. It was like they weren't really listening to us. Then out of nowhere, we all just started testifying about how we received a testimony of the restoration and what that means to us. Elder Coenen bore such a powerful testimony as well. They didn't interrupt while we were testifying, but they just listened. And after we finished, they were quiet, and pondering. The Spirit was so strong, and even the camera lady looked shocked haha. It reminded me of the scripture in Alma 4:19 "And this he did that he ahimself might go forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might bpreach thecword of God unto them, to dstir them up in eremembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down, by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all the contentions which were among his people, seeing no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure ftestimony against them." Alma saw no way to save the people, except to bear pure testimony. Our most powerful tool as missionaries is the Spirit, which manifests itself through our testimonies. After we bore testimony, they accepted to read and pray to know, despite their defiance five minutes before. I've said it before, but we really are nothing without the Spirit. We tried to explain for a half hour how they can get a testimony, but the Spirit told them in an instant what they need to do. I'm humbled by the power of the Lord every day out here. I know it is real. I know that God speaks to His children through his spirit, and anyone that searches diligently will find. Thanks everyone for all your support! It's super weird being 20 and not being home on my bday. The Bouchets took me out to McDonald's for my bday - yes! Haha it was great. Thanks for your letters and emails. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Tu Dors

No comments:

Post a Comment