Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 19, 2012

Dear everyone,

It was an interesting last week of the transfer with lots of stuff going on.  We had district meeting on Thursday which went super well and then afterwards, both districts went to Place Capitole and we set up our street meeting kit and sang hymns.  I played guitar for all the hymns and it was super fun.  We're going to start doing it after every district meeting!  If you wanna see me, there's a webcam on Place Capitole on the internet I think and you'll see a big white blob somewhere and that's us singing haha.  I'll let you know when the next time we do it is.

A was baptized this week and it was fantastic.  She and F are a great couple and I'm excited for them to keep progressing. 

Oh yeah, we had transfers, and I'm staying in Montauban of course, but I have a new comp named Elder Cushing.  He's super awesome and he's from Independance, Kansas (yes, Kansas, not Missouri).  He was in Perigeux during my last transfer in Bergerac and he was still there during my first three transfers in Bordeaux so we know eachother pretty well already and I've done exchanges with him.  We look alike so everyone is going to think we're brothers.  Everyone already thinks we're brothers anyways because we're all named Elder.  I'm super excited for this transfer.  I'm going to miss Elder Tromeur.  He went to Nimes to be district leader.  He was a great comp!

There have been tons of baptisms here in Montauban recently, actually 13 over the last 12 months to be exact, and I think 12 of them have been since January.  Pretty insane.  That's what happens when you strive to find and baptize families!  I'm super thankful for the work of the missionaries who were here before me.  Now we're on the hunt for some new investigators.  We've got a few families we're working though and things are doing great.  We've got the son of a member who is 27 that has a baptismal date for the 21 of July and we hope to help him progress towards that. 

I can't believe this is the start of my last transfer.  It doesn't feel like it at all.  I don't want to feel like it is, but I want to work like it is, because it is!  I know the Lord expects many things from me this last transfer.  I hope I will accomplish his will in all I do.  I love what president Murdock says, "How long does it take for the Lord to perform a miracle?"  I love to have that constantly on my mind.  I know that our God is a God of miracles and that He changes people's lives.  A change of heart and a new start is among the greatest of all the miracles the Lord performs in this world.  I'm so blessed to be a part of it and I pray that I may be an instrument in His hands.  Miracles happen every day of our lives.  If we put our trust in God and open our eyes, I know we will see them as we seek and follow His will.  Have a great week everyone!  Love you!

Love,

Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment