Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 11, 2012 + Pictures

C's baptism and our baptismal font



Friday we locked ourselves out of our apartment on accident and had to stay with the Van Tonder family. They provided us with these rockin PJ's and a pancake breakfast.




 Hedgehog that I almost stepped on on the way to district meeting. He's so cute.




Salut,

This wednesday we were in Toulouse for zone conference.  It was a great meeting, as are all zone conferences, but it was different as well because it was president and soeur Murdock's last one, and therefore the last time we'll see them during our missions.  I've really grown to love them and I'm so grateful for their love and their example.  I'll never forget the amazing zone leader councils we had with president Murdock.  He's such an inspired person and he has helped me personally so much during my mission.  It was weird saying goodbye to a mission president AGAIN.  It's amazing to see the influence one person can have on so many.

The week went well.  We're helping A, F's wife, prepare for her baptism this Saturday.  She has quit smoking which is awesome.  F is the man.  He's trying to get the whole Slovakian community baptized haha.  He took a family to stake conference this weekend as well.

We also working with R, an amazing man from Quebec.  He's the one that bore testimony last week during sacrament meeting.  He came to stake conference, and when I asked what he thought, he said, "it was too short!"  He loved it, and he's just thirsting after the word.  We hope to set a baptismal date with him this week for early July.  He's so sensitive to the Spirit!

In general, things are going great, but there is a lot of opposition lately with recent converts, whether that be ones that were baptized before I got here, or the two that we've had since I've gotten here.  It is evident to me that the most opposition comes when we are doing the most good.  Satan never leaves us alone.  We can't take a break, because he doesn't.  If we do, we give him power over us.  I testify that he can have no power over us if we keep the commandments and our covenants, and I also testify that we can keep the commandments and our covenants always, DESPITE our circumstances, no matter how hard they are.  The Gospel was made to be applied in any circumstance and I know it answers all of our questions and needs.  Of course, the Gospel isn't a big fix-it-all manual, but it is a guide and an outline.  The solutions to our problems will come from our diligence in prayer, study, obedience, fasting, receiving inspiration from the Holy Ghost, and putting it into practice.  That is why we were given the Holy Ghost.  There is one gospel, and it applies to everyone in every circumstance, but exactly how the gospel applies to us and our situation is given to us through our own personal revelation.  My mission has made me realize how important it is to be spiritually independent and how important it us to qualify ourselves to receive the inspirations of the Holy Ghost and learn how to recognize them and act on them.

I can't believe it's almost mid-june.  Luckily, it wasn't super hot this week!  I'm getting more used to the humidity.  Transfer calls are this friday, and Elder Tromeur and I think he will be leaving because it's his 4th transfer here.  It will be sad to say goodbye to him if he does.  He's an amazing missionary.  W X is coming to Montauban today and we're going to eat lunch and tour Montauban a bit for pday.  Should be fun!  I love you and pray for you.  Thanks for everything, and have a good week!

Love,

Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment