Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 26, 2011

Salut,

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année! Well it's almost 2012. I never thought it would be! It seemed so far away back in 2010! This was one of the best Christmas's I've ever had. On Christmas Eve and Christmas night we ate with a Romanian family. We spent Christmas eve with G and V B. They prepared SO much food. Honestly, I have no idea where they get all this food, because they just sell newspapers all day for 40 cents a piece. They're so humble, generous, and jsut full of charity though. V made a wicked good egg salad, but it was called beef salad. Don't ask me why, there wasn't an ounce of beef in it haha. On top of the big egg salad, which looked like a cake, she had decorated it with trees and snowmen and a sleigh all made out of olives, carrots, and peppers haha. She's so awesome. We all sang Christmas carols together after dinner and just had a great time. G played his guitar and sang us a Romanian song. He's the man. I played have yourself a merry little christmas for them on the guitar :). After we finished singing, we watched the Joseph Smith movie with them because G wants to know more about Joseph Smith's life. The spirit was very strong, and at the end, G said, "I know Joseph Smith was a prophet." Hearing investigators bear testimony is the greatest thing ever! I was so touched by the whole evening together. When we left, Elder Buss and I talked about it, and we were just so happy and agreed it was the best Christmas ever. We were invited to a member's house that night, but were invited later by the Bostacas adn decided to go there instead. I'm so glad we did, because if not, they would have just been all alone on Christmas Eve. We were so happy so blessed to celebrate Christmas with them.

On Christmas we went to the Wilkey's, an English family, and ate with them and opened presents; Everyone in their family got each missionary a present. It was so nice! I got some sweet union jack socks haha. Then I skyped you, as you all know. It was so great seeing all of you! It gets less weird every time I call home. I remember the first time was awkward because I had no idea what to say haha. Sophie and Mia are so huge! So is Colin! Colton, I knew you would grow back teh beard haha. It was nice to actually see you this time, Ally!

Christmas night we went to P and L's, the other Romanian family. It was hilarious because they prepard almost exactly the same meal we had had the night before. I guess it was the traditional Romanian Christmas meal! We taught them the plan of salvation. They are so golden. At the end, L asked, "but when I die, will I still be able to see my husband and my children?" They're so ready for the Gospel. So many miracles! I love it here, and don't want to go anywhere. Transfer calls are Friday. Elder Buss and I want to stay put. I'm so blessed to be able to work with Elder Buss. He's the man. I learn tons from him and he's such a good missionary. I hope we stay together another one! Well I'll leave this email a little short since I just talked to all of you, and I have to write a big thing to president this week and probably already have less time than I need for that. I love you guys. Thanks so much for your love and your support. You're the best!

Love, Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment