Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October 31, 2011

Hey everybody!
Well it's still pretty warm here in Bergerac, even though it's supposed to get super cold here in the winter. Luckily the cold hasn't arrived yet. On the way to the cybercafe there was a bunch of kids walking around with masks on, but Halloween doesn't go much further than that here. They're not super creative. We had another great week full of miracles and spiritual experiences. I'm so lucky to be on a mission! Every day my testimony is strengthened so much and I can see the Spirit working in my life more and more and I know more and more how to recognize it. Elder Willett and I talk often of how it's such a blessing to be here and to be able to grow so much spiritually. I would be lost if I hadn't gone on a mission. Every day I feel more committed to the path to eternal life. I love it here!
We had interviews with president this week which went really well. I love president Murdock and he's such an inspired man. They missed their flight from Geneva adn showed up at 1:30 for interviews instead of 10 haha but it all worked out. The zone leaders made a sweet slideshow out of pictures that we all sent in and played some Josh Groban to it. It was a good time and we really felt the Spirit. Our investigators are doing well, but just having a hard time getting to church! We are finding some good people right now though and it's great. We have a russian investigator named D who is the man. He's not Christian, but I know with the BoM and the power of the Spirit he'll come to know that Jesus is the Christ. We're teaching a sweet guy from Morroco named L who is catholic/muslim. Go figure! He's so sweet though. Every time we see him in the road he says "Les etats-unis! La family!" He says that the US is family with Morroco for some reason haha it's hilarious. He doesn't have a job and just barely got out of a shelter adn found an apartment. The poor guy has nothing but he's so happy. I love him! We're also teaching G (the other son of the B's) and that is going well. We invited him to be baptized twice. The first time he said he'll do it when he's 70. The second time he said he'd do it in his 20's. We're getting closer! He's sweet, and I'm so excited for him. It'll take some time, but their whole family will be members soon. They're such an amazing family! I never would have thought I'd see a family like them here in France. We're really focusing on and praying to find families right now. We've contacted a few and we hope they'll take the lessons soon. We found a new investigator this week who's in her 60's and has one tooth right in the middle (maybe two.. I dunno) of her mouth and it's pretty crazy looking. She has the highest little girly voice but when she laughs it's a big low man voice. The first time we taught her I thought there was a man in the other room laughing every time she laughed. Pretty scary, she's awesome though. Right now we're really trying tobuild a base of new investigators and get them progressing. Pretty soon we'll be seeing lots of progress if we keep working hard.
One thing I've learned this week is that the company of the Spirit is the greatest thing we can have here on earth. When we have the Spirit, we're just happy! We're filled with teh love of God and we loev everyone. We don't judge, but we love, are patient, kind, and we feel an inner peace that everything is simply ok. It's something that I've learned to appreciate on my mission. The longer I'm out here, the more I can tell when I have the Spirit or not, and the difference between the two is incredible. I'm so happy I have the opportunity to learn to gain the company of the Spirit and keep it, because it's the Holy Ghost that will lead us in the paths of eternal life. Not only because he guides us, but because we have to live worthy of eternal life to have it! This sunday I was sitting in church thinking abotu our investigators who didn't come to church. I was about to be discouraged. But instead, I looked ahead and thought of ways we can get more investigators to church in teh future. I thought about our efforts and was happy that we tried to get them there, but they always have their free choice. The Spirit really is the comforter. A missionary couldn't survive without it, not only because he needs it to teach, but because sometimes the mission can be so discouraging that you just need a little comfort! I'm so happy to be here and I can't believe I've alreayd been out so long. I don't wanna think about it. I've got tons of time left still! I don't wanna leave! I'm so thankful for our Heavenly Father and the fact that he has reached out to us through modern prophets today to restore and keep pure the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so we can be happy by living by it. Stay strong, never let Satan have you. He only wants you to be miserable. Wickedness never was happiness - trust me, there's lots of wickedness out here and a lot of sad people. But those that humble themselves and come unto Christ feel the love of God adn are filled with a joy that can't be felt elsewhere. I know the Church is true and that the restored Gospel is the path to eternal life with our families. I love you all and thank you for everything! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment