Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 21, 2011

Bonjour à tous,
Oh Bergerac Oh Bergerac, I bid thee farewell, I'm going to Bordeaux to be zone leader! Yep, right now I'm in Bordeaux and my comp is Elder Buss who is a stud. We were actually in the mtc at teh same time, but he's chinese speaking so we didn't really see each other there. It's so awesome to be in Bordeaux! It's huge! I feel so overwhelmed after 6 months in Bergerac haha. And I'm still pretty shocked about being zone leader. I'm super nervous. I don't feel qualified at all. When president called Friday morning and told me, the first thing that ran through my head after the shock of hearing that I would be zl was "I'm going to have to learn to drive a stickshift... in France!" haha. Yeah, I'm pretty scared. It'll be ok though. I'm so happy to be here and to serve all the amazing missionaries in our zone. This is going to be a really humbling experience.
It was pretty sad to leave Bergerac, but it was good. I love everyone there. I got to give a talk in Sacrament yesterday which was sweet. All the members there are so amazing, and I was really touched while talking with many of them yesterday after church. We were invited all over the place Sunday afternoon and I got to spend some time with the B's, the T's, and M and M before I left. It was great. It's crazy to look back at all the things that happened in Bergerac. I'm so blessed to have served there. I made lifelong friends there. It wasn't always easy there, and there were many times when I wondered how the work was going to advance, but everytime, Heavenly Father gave us something to go on. Something to keep our faith and hope alive. I think that no matter what situation we're in, Heavenly Father always provides us with some beam of hope and something to keep us going. This last transfer was kinda tough on me, but I loved it, and I've learned a lot from it. And now I'm moving on to another challenge! It's going to be an amazing transfer and I'm going to learn A LOT. At least I should anyways, if I do all I can. I'm so thankful to be here and to have been given this learning experience and this opportunity to serve. My mind is everywhere today haha sorry, but I'm sending you some pics of Bergerac, and I'll probably have more to say next week.
Thanks for all your support and your testimonies and your prayers. Maybe by next week I'll know how to drive a stickshift and speak a little chinese! :)
Love you all,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment