Thursday, February 3, 2011

January 31, 2011

Allo! Wow, lots of news this week! First of all, at this moment I am in... CANNES! I got here about half an hour ago. We got transfer calls on Friday and the President informed me that I would become senior companion and serve with Elder Park at Cannes. Wooh! It only took a 20 minute train ride to get here this morning haha. I didn't move very far! But I'm so excited. Before, there was one companionship in Cannes, but now there are two. Elder Park and I are going to work in Cannes and the smaller surrounding areas, and the other companionship will have a car and work in St. Raphael, Antibes, Grasse, etc. Before it was one giant area. I was pretty nervous when the president called, because that usually means you have a new responsibility if he calls you himself. I was a little nervous at first, and still am, but I'm excited for the opportunity to be senior companion! It should be an interesting transfer, because we're basically opening a new area. Before, they had a car, but now the other companionship has it, and there aren't really any buses here. So it looks like we'll be walking a lot! So, about Elder Park. He's a transfer younger than me and is from Tremonton, Utah, and is super tall! He's such an awesome guy though and a great missionary. I'm so excited to serve with him! I've done exchanges with him in the past (because Cannes is in the Nice district) so we already know eachother. The other Elders in our apartment will be Elder Brown (one transfer older than me, Elder Park's former companion) and Elder Garland (From England, in his second transfer). It's going to be a young apartment! I'm really excited for this next transfer and I'm ready to work hard.

It was weird leaving Nice, since it was my first ville. This morning, Elder Dorton and I woke up at 5 and ran all the way from our apartment to the ocean and jsut walked around on the Promenade des Anglais. It's so beautiful! I guess it was our goodbye to nice. And oh yeah, Elder Dorton is going to Nimes! And Elder Call and Elder Graham are staying at Nice and receiving new companions. This will be the first time in my mission that I'm not with Elder Dorton. Weird! And sad. He's super tight and I'll miss him! It was sad saying goodbye to teh ward yesterday at church. I love them! Marcelline was super sad that I was leaving too. But I guess that's the life of a missionary. Elder Dorton and I spent a half hour after church taking pictures with all the members and our investigators. I'll miss them! But I'm so stoked for this next part of my mission.

So here's some other BIG news. Starting July 1, 2011, I will no longer be a missionary in the France Toulouse Mission, but I will be in the France Lyon Mission! What?? So what's happening is that they're combining the Geneva, Switzerland mission and the Toulouse mission into one massive mission. So the mission home will be moved to Lyon, and instead of getting a "new" mission president, our mission president will be President Murdock who is currently the mission president in Geneva. He'll have a year left as president when the Lyon mission starts, so he'll die a few weeks before I do. That's sweet because I'll have had two mission presidents who already had two years of experience. I'll give you more information as I find out more about the Lyon mission. Pretty crazy!

This week we found a SWEET new investigator named Jean-Marie. He's a Christian guy from Cameroon. We taught him one time this week and it was in a big shopping center (he's moving so we couldn't go to his house). This guy is one of God's elect. During the lesson, I started talking about how Jesus showed us the example by being baptized, and then he asked me, "So, what do I need to do to get baptized?" He reminded me of Edvin. He explained to us how he has been searching a long time to find truth, and that he hopes and belives that he has now found it. After we told the first vision, he committed to be baptized the 19th of Februrary! Too bad I won't be able to continue teaching him, but I'm so excited to hear about him, because I've never had a first lesson as powerful as that one, even though we were in the middle of a mall! That experience increased my faith so much that there are people prepared by the Lord, and that the Lord will place them in our path as long as we are being obedient and working hard.

Cannes is pretty different from Nice. In Nice, you can go anywhere and contact a million people, but Cannes isn't super big and there's not a whole lot of people just walking around. It will be interesting to work here and figure out how to work in a smaller ville. I'm sure it will be challenging, but I feel like I'm going to grow a lot here. Especially since it's my first time as senior companion. But I know that this is the Lord's work and that this is where I'm supposed to be, and that the Lord qualifies those that he chooses. I know that as I rely on him, and not my own strength, that I can do all things! I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be with Elder Park in Cannes and to serve the Lord. I love you all! Bonne semaine a tous!

Love,

Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment