Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 11, 2011

Well it was another eventful week in Nice. I had a pretty cool moment this week. While we were working, I realized, "Hey, I can understand all these people!" I can't believe it! I remember my first few days in France, and I was just lost, but now I can understand basically everything and say everything that I want to say in French. It's pretty incredible to look back at the difference between now and when I arrived, and a testimony to me that the gift of tongues for missionaries is VERY real! I'm stoked to keep learning and improving the language! This week we worked a lot with Edvin, our recent convert. He had a lot of opposition right after his baptism from his uncle from Germany who is a strict Catholic, and he basically convinced Edvin we were a cult. But with help from members, and assuredly his own testimony of the Book of Mormon, he has been able to overcome this opposition and is doing great now. When he first told us about what his uncle said, he was totally freaked out and didn't even want to come to church anymore. I was completely distraught, since I had been with him through his whole conversion and I know how strong he really is. While he was saying all these things that his uncle said, I looked him right in the eyes and told him "you know that the Book of Mormon is true, and you can't deny that." I don't think I've ever been so bold in my life, and it was definitely a prompting of the Spirit to say that. Since then he has overcome the opposition from his family. Edvin has such a strong testimony, and I think he just needed a little reminding. The lord gives us trials or doubts so that we become stronger. Every time he bears his testimony I feel the Spirit so strong, and it's truly amazing to see a recent convert with such a testimony. He's doing great now and will be coming to church this week! He wants to meet with the Bishop about going on a mission too! Marcelline will be baptized this Saturday! (the 22nd) She chose me to baptize her. That will be the first time for me! I'm soo happy for her, and it's been amazing to see the changes in her since we met with her the first time. I can tell that the Spirit is more abundant in her life and she simply just seems happier! She has such a hard life being a single mom with two little kids, but has found so many friends and support at church, and most importantly the support of the Savior as she has made decisions to come closer to Him. I'm so lucky to get to see so many miracles and to help people come closer to Christ every day. I love the Lord, his work, and I know that what I am doing right now is the most important work in the world! Sorry it was short this week. Have a great week everyone! Love you!

Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment