Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012





Salut,
Friday morning we got a call from president. He told Elder Buss that he would be going to Toulouse and that I would receive Elder Gubbay! It was sad news because we wanted to stay together a third transfer, but we really feel like it's for the best. Elder Gubbay is the man. He's French, but grew up in Spain, and his parents live in Dubai. He's 24 and he's already got his master's from this amazing school in Paris. I'm super excited to work with him.
In other news, it was one of the best/most dramatic end of a transfer that I've ever seen. It was just filled with miracles. P and L have been going through some difficulties that are keeping L form being baptized, so at the beginning of the week we called all the members and asked them to pray with us for her and P so she can be baptized. We also asked sister Wilkey to talk with her and she ended up going to L's house and they spent a few hours together and that helped her so much. Friday night, L sent us a text telling us that she wanted to be baptized on Valentine's day. But when we told her Elder Buss was leaving on Monday, she wanted him to be there for the baptism because it was us two that started teaching them. So, on Saturday we decided to have the baptism on Sunday after church. So we started calling like mad men and getting it arranged and making sure they fixed the hot water at the church. Sunday came and we were at church, as well as 8 romanians and 7 chinese people haha. 11 of them were investigators. It was ridiculous. Right after church we started the service. Sister wilkey gave a talk and Elder Buss and I sang Love Is Spoken Here. Then Elder Buss baptized her. We both wanted P to do it, but she wanted it to be Elder Buss because he baptized P and she wanted to be baptized by the same person as him. She said she wanted me to give "the speech" (the confirmaton haha). She was baptized, and I've never seen someone so filled with joy after the baptism. She just changed this week. It was such a miracle. Everyone's prayers and Faith really helped change her heart. They are two of the most amazing people I've ever met. They were so ready for the Gospel. I can't stop smiling just thinking about it.
That's why we're here, to baptize and give the Holy Ghost to families and prepare them to be sealed in the Temple for time and all eternity. What else could be more worthwhile?It was sad to see Elder Buss go. We had a great little gathering at the Wilkey's last night though with us, the sisters, and all the recent converts in the ward. We ate and played games. It was one of the best nights of my life to see all these people whose lives had been changed by the Gospel and just feel the happiness eminating from them. If being with our converts here makes me so happy, I can't wait til we can be in the celestial kingdom together!R is doing awesome as well. He is one of the strongest converts I've ever seen. He has helped us with teaching and he's coming to more and more ysa activities and is really getting integrated quite nicely. I love him!I got to do an exchange with Elder Brown in Agen this week and that was super sweet. I've missed that Elder!I'm so happy to be here. I feel the pressure a little more now since I'm senior comp again and Elder Gubbay doesn't know the area yet. He's a genius though and I know we're going to see miracles together. This week I was feeling a little discouraged. I just didn't feel like I was the missionary I could be. I was just seeing all my weaknesses and it was really discouraging. But then I remembered that God's strength is in weakness. I'm thankful that I have weakness, and lots of them haha. Because that makes me humble and reminds me that this isn't my work, it's His work. If I recognize my weaknesses and put my faith in Christ and work despite my weaknesses, He will work miracles. Like it says in the first section of DandC, the weak things of the world will defeat the carry forth the Gospel to the entire earth. I love my Savior and I have learned on my mission that I can have total trust in Him. I'm so happy to be a missionary. I don't want it to end! I've still got lots of time, fortunately. Thanks for all your love and you support. Bonne semaine!
Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment