Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April, 25, 2011

















Allo!
Well, it's a new transfer... and I'm still in Cannes! But this time with a new companion - Elder Garland! He's been in the same apartment as us the last two transfers so we already know eachother pretty well. He's the red hair British one. We're super excited to work together in Cannes! He's a super good missionary and we're going to see some miracles this trasnfer! It was really sad dropping Elder Park off at the train station this morning. He's being trasnfered to Tarbes (the other side of the mission haha). I'm going to miss him! He has become one of my best friends over these last few months. I love you Elder!
It was a good week. We kept up the momentum from last week and we're seeing progress too. We're teaching a lot and we're getting some good investigators. Mario is still doing super well! He hasn't had any big problems so far and he accepts all the commandments like they're just the normal thing to do (and they are). He's sweet! We have a new investigator with a baptismal date for the 28th of May now. His name is Yves (which means drunk in French, haha). Our first meeting with him is a funny story too. Elder Garland and I were on exchange this friday (in Elder Garland's area) and we taught him in a park in Antibes. We sat down on the bench and president called for transfer calls. Elder Garland took off for a sec and answered while I talked to Yves. I found out that Yves actually lives in my area, so he would become our investigator after the lesson. Elder Garland came back and we started the lesson. It was an awesome first lesson and at the end he committed to be baptized the 28th of May. We were all pretty stoked about it! We set up the next appointment, which would be in my area, and that was when Elder Garland found out that Yves lives in mine and Elder Park's area and would be passed to us. As we were walking away after hte lesson, Elder Garland put his arm around me and said, "well, looks like we've got a baptism for our companionship next transfer!" Haha. So that's how I found out we would be companions. What a sweet way to start!
Elder Garland and I have set some great goals for this next trasnfer. They're going to push us, but we're going to do all we can to achieve them. We know we can with the Lord's help! "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye will have power to do whatsoever is expedient in me." I know that the Lord holds his promises, and that we've got to show and exercise our faith in him by setting goals and doing all we can to reach them, and then we will be instruments in His hands in bringing forth miracles among His children. I have a lot of hopes for this next transfer! Elder Park and I did a lot of planting these last two transfers, now I hope to start doing some of the reaping. Elder Garland and I are ready to do all we can to really get the work going here. Now we've just gotta do it. Thanks everyone for all your support. I hope you have a great week! And happy birthday Courtney!!! I love you!
Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment