Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 7, 2011

Bonjour! We started this week with so much hope in our new found investigators, but unfortunately, at the end of the week we don't have a lot of good news about them. Sorry if you all got your hopes up last week haha, so did I. Our two golden investigators, Nicolas and Sebastian, kind of disappeared. Nicolas left us a message a few days ago saying he had to go to the hospital and he hasn't answered his phone since then or called us back. So we'll see what happens there. We hope he's doing alright! And then there's Sebastian. We called Sebastian Tuesday night to see how his reading in the Book of Mormon and his prayers were going. He said he had read quite a bit and loved it. So we asked him if he prayed. He had. And then he said, "I heard the voice of God tell me directly, 'these things are true'." - That's definitely the best response to a follow up that I've ever had! We were pretty blown away by that. And then he told us he was excited for our next rdv and had a lot of questions. I had a lot of faith in the promise found in Moroni 10 before, but that is just incredible! We were super stoked for our next rdv with him obviously. So finally the rdv came and we were there (the bishop was with us too - he's a stud!), but Sebastian was a no-show, even though he confirmed the rdv with us the day before. We called him but he never answered. After about half an hour of waiting for him we finally left. We've tried calling back since then but he never answers. We're still hoping that we'll be able to contact him in the future, but usually when investigators do that it's not too hopeful.

We also found some other good new investigators this week, Diyana and Menige who are from Srilanka. They're sweet! But the work still isn't moving along too quick. Just when we were on the verge of seeing some things happen, everything just vanished! And these were some of the most, if not the most, promising investigators I've seen so far on my mission! I don't have a whole lot of time left, but I do want to say that I'm not being pesimistic about what's happening. It might sound like it from my emails haha, sorry. But I know that Elder Park and I are doing good work here and that whatever is happening is happening for a reason. I'm starting to be a lot more thaknful for this trial that hte Lord has given us. We want to see success and see people come unto Christ, and I'm sure the Lord would love for us to have a bunch of success and would want hte work to just explode here too, but those are my thoughts. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 55:8) I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that everything that we encounter in life is for our benefit. I know that He knows us perfectly and that he knows our full potential and wants us to reach it. He would never give us anything in life that wouldn't help us get there! I love you all, til next week!

Love,
Elder Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment